|Table of Contents|
This is a feature release for 5.0.0. This page will be updated to include tasks completed in subsequent betas as well as the final release.
Important highlights from this release
- Increased system requirements and removed deprecated code and superfluous libraries.
- Upgraded to Bootstrap v4, and Font Awesome v5.
- Added a new Navigation Editor. Staff, Client, and Public navigation items can be sorted, added, or removed.
- Added support for uploading a logo for use in the Staff and Client areas.
- The Staff area was improved for mobile devices.
- Added support for VAT verification through VIES.
- Added emoji support system-wide, updating the character set from utf8 to uttf8mb4.
- Session names can now be renamed in the config file. Useful for multiple Blesta install on the same domain.
- Order Received and Order Received (Mobile) email templates now include additional tags for Address 2, City, State/Province, Zip/Postal Code, and Country.
- File based monologs generated by the cron are now named differently.
- Twilio updated to use the latest SDK.
- Updated the PostalMethods integration to use their new API for postal delivery of invoices.
- SolusVM updated to add support for noVNC console.
- Much more...
Developer Migration Guide for Blesta 5.0
Much deprecated functionality has been removed, see a deprecation list here https://docs.blesta.com/display/dev/Deprecated+Functionality
- Events - Replaced by \Blesta\Core\Util\Events, see examples at https://docs.blesta.com/display/dev/Creating+Events
- Json - Use native PHP functions json_encode and json_decode
- Blesta\Core\Util\Events\Common\AbstractEvent::getReturnVal, replaced by AbstractEvent::getReturnValue
- Blesta\Core\Util\Events\Common\AbstractEvent::setReturnVal, replaced by AbstractEvent::setReturnValue
- Invoices::calcLineTotals and Invoices::getItemTotals, see Blesta\Core\Pricing\[http://source-docs.blesta.com/package-blesta.core.Pricing.html]
- All current Plugin action functionality remains backward compatible, but it is preferable to use the new models/methods/arguments.
- A new Actions model has been added which allows you to create widget inclusions, client profile action links, and *potential* navigation items
- The 'action' and 'uri' properties of items returned by Plugin::getActions have been replaced by 'location' and 'url' respectively
- The 'action' values 'nav_primary_staff', 'nav_secondary_staff', 'nav_primary_client', and 'nav_secondary_client' have been replaced by the location values 'nav_staff', 'nav_client', and 'nav_public'
- Actions returned by Plugin::getActions will automatically be added to the end of their respective navigation menus
- Plugin::getActions can now determine navigation hierarchy using the 'parent_url' property to place an item under the appropriate parent item
Updated UI Libraries
- Bootstrap 4 https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/migration/
- Font awesome 5 https://fontawesome.com/how-to-use/upgrading-from-4/
- jQuery 3 https://jquery.com/upgrade-guide/3.0/
- CKEditor 5 https://ckeditor.com/docs/ckeditor5/latest/index.html
- New Blesta jQuery method .blestaBindWysiwygEditor(options) replaces .ckeditor(callback, options) and handles default configuration
- Current loading of the js files 'blesta/ckeditor/ckeditor.js' and 'blesta/ckeditor/adapters/jquery.js' should be replaced with a single load of 'blesta/ckeditor/build/ckeditor.js'
Blesta no longer supports versions older than PHP 7.2, so there is no longer a need to ship hotfixes.
All updates for this release (May be limited to first 200)