|Table of Contents|
This is a feature release for 5.0.0. This page will be updated to include tasks completed in subsequent betas as well as the final release.
It's recommended that you do not upgrade directly to 5.0.0, but to 5.0.1 or newer. 5.0.1 addresses some commonly encountered issues with upgrading.
Important highlights from this release
- Increased system requirements and removed deprecated code and superfluous libraries.
- Upgraded to Bootstrap v4, and Font Awesome v5.
- Added a new Navigation Editor. Staff, Client, and Public navigation items can be sorted, added, or removed.
- Added support for uploading a logo for use in the Staff and Client areas.
- The Staff area was improved for mobile devices.
- Added support for VAT verification through VIES.
- Added emoji support system-wide, updating the character set from utf8 to uttf8mb4.
- Session names can now be renamed in the config file. Useful for multiple Blesta install on the same domain.
- Order Received and Order Received (Mobile) email templates now include additional tags for Address 2, City, State/Province, Zip/Postal Code, and Country.
- File based monologs generated by the cron are now named differently.
- Twilio updated to use the latest SDK.
- Updated the PostalMethods integration to use their new API for postal delivery of invoices.
- SolusVM updated to add support for noVNC console.
- Much more...
Developer Migration Guide for Blesta 5.0
Much deprecated functionality has been removed, see a deprecation list here https://docs.blesta.com/display/dev/Deprecated+Functionality
- Events - Replaced by \Blesta\Core\Util\Events, see examples at https://docs.blesta.com/display/dev/Creating+Events
- Json - Use native PHP functions json_encode and json_decode
- Blesta\Core\Util\Events\Common\AbstractEvent::getReturnVal, replaced by AbstractEvent::getReturnValue
- Blesta\Core\Util\Events\Common\AbstractEvent::setReturnVal, replaced by AbstractEvent::setReturnValue
- Invoices::calcLineTotals and Invoices::getItemTotals, see Blesta\Core\Pricing\[http://source-docs.blesta.com/package-blesta.core.Pricing.html]
- All current Plugin action functionality remains backward compatible, but it is preferable to use the new models/methods/arguments.
- A new Actions model has been added which allows you to create widget inclusions, client profile action links, and *potential* navigation items
- The 'action' and 'uri' properties of items returned by Plugin::getActions have been replaced by 'location' and 'url' respectively
- The 'action' values 'nav_primary_staff', 'nav_secondary_staff', 'nav_primary_client', and 'nav_secondary_client' have been replaced by the location values 'nav_staff', 'nav_client', and 'nav_public'
- Actions returned by Plugin::getActions will automatically be added to the end of their respective navigation menus
- Plugin::getActions can now determine navigation hierarchy using the 'parent_url' property to place an item under the appropriate parent item
Updated UI Libraries
- Bootstrap 4 https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/migration/
- Font awesome 5 https://fontawesome.com/how-to-use/upgrading-from-4/
- jQuery 3 https://jquery.com/upgrade-guide/3.0/
- CKEditor 5 https://ckeditor.com/docs/ckeditor5/latest/index.html
- New Blesta jQuery method .blestaBindWysiwygEditor(options) replaces .ckeditor(callback, options) and handles default configuration
- Current loading of the js files 'blesta/ckeditor/ckeditor.js' and 'blesta/ckeditor/adapters/jquery.js' should be replaced with a single load of 'blesta/ckeditor/build/ckeditor.js'
Blesta no longer supports versions older than PHP 7.2, so there is no longer a need to ship hotfixes.
Files and Directories Removed as of 5.0 from earlier versions
Not all of these files and directories existed in 4.12, but none of them are included in 5.0 and the upgrader will attempt to delete them if they exist.
All updates for this release (May be limited to first 200)