Back up Everything
Before proceeding, stop the cron job for Blesta 2.5, put the installation into maintenance mode, and back up all files and the database.
Importing from Blesta 2.5
Preparing Blesta 2.5
- Make sure you have completed the Initial Steps for Migrating to Blesta.
- Stop the cron job running for your Blesta 2.5 installation.
- Put Blesta 2.5 into maintenance mode to prevent client logins by visiting Settings > General > Maintenance Mode.
- Back up your Blesta 2.5 files. You can do this via an FTP program, or via a shell by running: zip -r backup.zip /path/to/installation/*
- Back up your Blesta 2.5 database. You can do this through a database manager like PHPMyAdmin using the "Export" feature, or with the mysqldump shell command by running: mysqldump -u database_username -p database_name > backup.sql and entering your database password when prompted.
Performing the Import (In Blesta 3+)
- Visit [Settings] > [Company] > [Plugins] > Installed and click "Manage" for the Import Manager.
- Click the "2.5" link next to the platform Blesta.
- Fill out all of the requested fields
- Database Host: Enter your database server name. If MySQL is running on the same server, use localhost
- Database Name: Enter the name of your database.
- Database User: Enter the user name for your database.
- Database Password: Enter the password associated with your database user.
- AESKEY: Enter the AESKEY as found in inc/config.php. This is required in order to decrypt credit card numbers from your 2.5 installation.
- Double check that the data is all correct, and click the "Continue" button.
- You will be prompted to allow the importer to import your packages into Blesta, or match them up. It's recommended that you go with the default setting and import the packages, however, advanced users may wish to create their packages in Blesta first and match them up.
- Submit the form to start the import.
Importing can take a while
Importing your data can take several minutes or more, please be patient. When the importer has finished, it will display a green success message.
Return to complete the Final Steps.