The developer manual offers programmers documentation and examples useful in working with Blesta.
About this Manual
This manual is intended for programmers wishing to customize or extend Blesta, or interact with the Blesta API. Programmers wishing to extend or customize Blesta are expected to know and understand PHP as well as object oriented design principles. A basic understanding of the minPHP framework, while not required, is a plus.
Programmers wishing to take advantage of the API need only a basic understanding of working with RESTful based APIs.
What's in the Manual
This manual will cover all aspects of custom development with Blesta.
- The Programming Style Guide explains the programming style used throughout Blesta. You are strongly encouraged to adhere to these guidelines.
- The API section offers documentation on and example usage of the API system.
- The Payment Gateways section describes how to create Merchant and Non-Merchant payment gateways (for collecting payments).
- The Modules section describes how to create Modules (for provisioning services).
- The Messengers section describes how to create Messengers (for notifications and communication).
- The Plugins section gives you everything you need to know to create custom code for Blesta.
- The Invoice Templates section describes how to create invoice templates.
- The Events section explains how to Hook into Events as well as how to Create Events.
- The Translating Blesta section describes how to translate Blesta into another language.
- The Settings section gives an overview of settings inheritance.