|Table of Contents|
This is a feature release for 5.8.0.
Important highlights from this release
- Added a Managed Accounts feature. Clients can invite other clients to manage their account.
- Added an option to offer a free domain with qualifying hosting package.
- Added a 1 minute interval to some automation tasks, including Process Service Changes, Process Renewals, Provision Paid Pending Services, and Unsuspend Services.
- Added an option to Packages to allow clients to select module group during checkout (Useful for location).
- Added an option to Custom Client Fields to include a link within the field name.
- Added a new PayPal Checkout non-merchant gateway.
- Added an option to preview client themes and templates by appending ?bltheme=THEME-ID, and/or ?bltemplate=TEMPLATENAME to the URL.
- Added a read-only option to Required Client Fields to prevent clients from changing those fields later.
- Updated the affiliate system to allow hidden packages (domain names) to be excluded from comissions.
- Updated the order system to observe custom order links when using the Domain and Other Order type.
- Updated the order system to reduce the number of steps during checkout when using only 1 non-merchant gateway.
- Updated the import manager to allow importing via CLI, improving reliability of large data sets.
- Updated the Two-Factor Authentication page for clients to show both Hex and Base32 keys in addition to the QR code.
- Updated the PHPIDS plugin to make it compatible with PHP 8.
- Much more...
Developer Notes for Blesta 5.8
- If you haven't already, we recommend updating your extensions to work with PHP 8.0/8.1.
We recommend exercising caution when using PHP 8 for production use. Many 3rd party or custom extensions may not yet be compatible with PHP 8.
Blesta supports PHP 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 8.1 through Ioncube using the default files, and PHP 8.0/8.1 through SourceGuardian via the hotfix-php8 directory.
Domain Registrar Modules
Reminder: Registrar modules should define their type in config.json as: "type": "registrar",
Blesta no longer supports versions older than PHP 7.2, so there is no longer a need to ship hotfixes for those versions. A hotfix is included for PHP 8.0/8.1 for Source Guardian, but no hotfix is needed for PHP 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, and 8.1 when using Ioncube.
All updates for this release (May be limited to first 200)