|Table of Contents|
This is a feature release for 5.6.0. This page will be updated to include tasks completed in subsequent betas as well as the final release.
Important highlights from this release
- Added support for PHP 8.1 with Ioncube.
- Added the ability to bulk update email template from address and from name.
- Implemented additional package edit validation to prevent changing term, period, or currency for in-use pricing.
- OVH Domain registrar module has been added.
- BTCPayServer payment gateway has been added.
- Payfast payment gateway has been added.
- Support Manager now registers a client dashboard widget (Can be disabled or sorted like other client dashboard widgets).
- Support Manager now supports Staff only Knowledgebase articles.
- Domain Manager now includes a config option description for TLD features.
- Import manager has been updated to better support importing domains from WHMCS.
- Import Manager now has a mapping file for importing SolusVM services from WHMCS.
- Download Manager now supports stable download URLs (think latest.zip).
- cPanel module now includes a password generator.
- Pterodactyl module now allows for unlimited swap, and the panel port can be specified within the module.
- Stripe Payments gateway has been improved for better payment handling, particularly related to errors.
- Order plugin was updated to add a show cart button on the "domain and other" order form types in all cases.
- Much more...
Developer Notes for Blesta 5.5
- Added the ability for registrar modules to validate registration and transfer terms for TLDs.
- If you haven't already, we recommend updating your extensions to work with PHP 8.0/8.1.
We recommend exercising caution when using PHP 8 for production use. Many 3rd party or custom extensions may not yet be compatible with PHP 8.
Blesta supports PHP 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 8.1 through Ioncube using the default files, and PHP 8.0/8.1 through SourceGuardian via the hotfix-php8 directory.
Domain Registrar Modules
Reminder: Registrar modules should define their type in config.json as: "type": "registrar",
Blesta no longer supports versions older than PHP 7.2, so there is no longer a need to ship hotfixes for those versions. A hotfix is included for PHP 8.0/8.1 for Source Guardian, but no hotfix is needed for PHP 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, and 8.1 when using Ioncube.
All updates for this release (May be limited to first 200)