|Table of Contents|
This is a feature release for 5.5.0. This page will be updated to include tasks completed in subsequent betas as well as the final release.
Important highlights from this release
- Added an option to hide client fields that are not required.
- Added transaction messages in the transaction expand area for supported gateways.
- Added the ability to set the Client ID Start Value, Client ID Format, and Client ID Increment Value in Client Settings.
- Added a Package setting to set a price override on services when they are created.
- Domain Manager now supports bulk import of TLDs with pricing markup for supported registrars.
- Domain Manager now supports the ability for domains to be renewed further in advance of services.
- Domain Manager now supports the option to set a price override on domains so domains renew at the original price.
- Domain Manager now includes filters for the TLD Pricing list to filter by TLD and Registrar.
- Order plugin now includes an abandoned cart option to send email reminders to the client with automatic order cancellation.
- Order plugin template preview screenshots have been updated.
- Portal plugin now supports multi-language.
- Namecheap now pulls in supported TLDs via their API rather than static config.
- Namecheap now supports TLD import and price sync.
- Enom now supports TLD import and price sync.
- Namesilo now supports TLD import and price sync.
- Logicboxes now supports TLD import and price sync.
- Stripe Payments now sets transaction messages.
- Stripe Payments now shows an ACH "Mandate".
- Internet.bs domain registrar module module has been added.
- Much more...
Developer Notes for Blesta 5.5
- Added a new event for Email Verification.
- Added a Doc Comments file in ~/lib/doc_comments.php for IDE support.
- Modules may now insert their own content in the client service management overview page.
- Blesta ships with a Source Guardian hotfix for PHP 8 support. We recommend updating your extensions to work with PHP 8.
Preparing for PHP 8
Reminder: We stopped using Html::ifset() and Html::_() for PHP 8 and recommend that you do the same. We have a hotfix for PHP 8.0 support that requires SourceGuardian. This hotfix now ships with Blesta, including in beta releases.
Domain Registrar Modules
Reminder: Registrar modules should define their type in config.json as: "type": "registrar",
Blesta no longer supports versions older than PHP 7.2, so there is no longer a need to ship hotfixes for those versions. A hotfix is included for PHP 8 which requires Source Guardian. As of version 5.5 we do not yet recommend PHP 8 for production use.
All updates for this release (May be limited to first 200)