- Make sure you have completed the Initial Steps for Migrating to Blesta.
- Stop the cron job running for your WHMCS installation.
- Put WHMCS into maintenance mode to prevent client logins by visiting [Setup] > [General Settings] > [General].
- Back up your WHMCS files. You can do this via an FTP program, or via a shell by running: zip -r backup.zip /path/to/installation/*
- Back up your WHMCS database. You can do this through a database manager like PHPMyAdmin using the "Export" feature, or with the mysqldump shell command by running: mysqldump -u database_username -p database_name > -r backup.sql and entering your database password when prompted.